Strategic and data-driven problem solver with proven track record of leading global teams to implement novel worldwide supply chain strategies with the goal to improve customer service and bottom line gains. My approach and decision-making process are driven by my strong financial and analytical skills complemented by a deep understanding of international markets and ability to see the long term organizational strategy.
SKLZ, San Diego, CA
January 2018- Present
Senior Director, Global Supply Chain Operations
- Design and implement five-year supply chain operations strategy aligned with the company’s growth goals. Redesign supplier, logistics and warehousing network to support the company’s ongoing global omnichannel marketplace expansion.
- Responsible for end-to-end supply chain oversight including inventory purchasing, planning and optimization, supplier and sub-supplier management, 3PL/4PL supervision, omnichannel order fulfillment, retail compliance, last mile transportation and reverse logistics.
- Review monthly inventory requirements based on forecasted demand, manage over 1,000 SKUs and $10M in inventory across several global supply chain locations. Realized a 30% ($5M) reduction in excess inventory in under 6 months.
- Manage company inventory policies accounting for budget constraints, MOQs, and gross lead time requirements across 70 manufacturing locations. Designed and implemented QBR (quarterly business review) with specific metrics pointing to quality, timely delivery, visibility and overall risk.
- Lead monthly Sales and Operations Planning review to outline potential risks and propose needed solutions.
- Engineer/ Re-engineer cross functional processes that support sustainable global operations. Implement systems, automation and dashboards that support visibility into metrics for business units.
- Maintain and negotiate all operational partnership contracts: transportation, 3PL, service/ systems providers. Decreased supply chain risk, improved transportation lead time by 10 days and achieved over 20% reduction in global freight by negotiating contracts with steam ship lines without NVOCC.
SKLZ, San Diego, CA May 2017- January 2018
Director, Global Supply Chain
- Supervised new 3PL/4PL selection and implementation process in four new global sites: South Carolina, Tijuana, Shanghai and Rotterdam. These new locations supported growth in company’s international sector by 35% YoY and are ongoing operations.
- Design and implement S&OP process, align internal business units to ensure consensus around budget, forecast and operational capacity. This enhanced efficiency in global inventory optimization, and improved customer service.
- Identify competitive vendors and service providers, negotiate contracts with steam ship lines, inland and last mile transportation partners, 3PL and other service providers.
Ashford Textiles LLC. Los Angeles, CA May 2014- October 2015
Director of Operations
- Implemented operations and supply chain improvement projects driving year over year savings of over 20% in OpEx.
- Controlled $1M ERP implementation budged, realized 25% reduction in overall project cost from initial quote; project completed on time and under budget.
- Managed EDI implementation project leading to improved customer service, increased automation in order processing and a 10% decrease cash-to-cash cycle.
- Designed S&OP process, managed communication between internal stakeholders, established metrics and integrated decision making processes which lead to improved delivery times and better customer service.
- Accountable for day to day operations, improving productivity, managing capacity, and ensuring financial viability to the current budget and strategy.
Director of Logistics May 2010- August 2012
- Operational responsibility for global logistics and distribution network measured on cost, efficiency, timely delivery and customer service.
- Realized inbound transportation savings of $300K for company’s vendor managed inventory program and a 5% decrease on container drop ship feed to customer locations.
- Negotiated long-term ocean freight contracts leading to a 7% average decrease in cost per TEU.
- Achieved 10% shorter delivery times and generated new inventory management system to increase visibility throughout different warehouses and across the organization.
Enterprise Projects Ventures, Boston, MA January 2013- May 2014
- Created and managed the continuous improvements program in multinational service organization, ensuring global labor compliance and operational efficiency.
- Supervised the implementation of new CRM and Projects cloud platform leading to improved customer communication and a decrease in project completion time by 30%.
- Identified training needs, recommended employee actions, and maintained global operating guidelines.
Supply Chain Project Contributor May 2013- April 2014
- Responsible for developing sourcing, procurement and distribution strategy for agricultural technology innovation. Analyzed production specifications, assembled bill of materials for vendors and managed change requirements.
- Lead vendor outreach and procurement negotiations, drafted contracts with international manufacturers, logistics providers, and brokerage companies.
- Frequent travel to Mexico and Guatemala to work with small holder farmers and 3PLs as part of the Walmart and SYSCO fresh foods supply chain.
Salerno Group LLC, Cleveland, OH
Customer Operations Manager
- Managed organization large events planning accounting for 1/3 of all revenues, lead vendor cost negotiations, client contract drafting and relationship management.
- Responsible for managing all event logistics, proposed new procurement and vendor solutions leading to an average of 30% cost decrease per event.
- Succeeded in building long term client and vendor relationships and increasing revenues from catering business by over 40%.
Education and Certifications
Master Business Administration- Brandeis University May 2014
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and International Relations- Cleveland State University May 2010
Sales and Operations Planning- Institute of Business Planning and Forecasting
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Crystal Reports 2008 Advanced- ONLC
Global Reporting Initiative G4 Standards- Global Reporting Initiative
Council for Supply Chain Management Professionals- Board of Directors, Sponsorship Chair
San Diego Transportation Club
San Diego Chamber of Commerce